Breeding season at BION Terrarium Center (February, 2019)
Here are some notes on the continuing of breeding season at BION Terrarium Center (February, 2019)
- Uroplatus phantasticus (satanic leaf-tailed gecko) – 4 eggs (diameter=0,8 cm (0,314 in). We got two hatchlings on 14.02.2019 and 28.02.2019. The last one weighed 0,37 g immediately after hatching and the first one at the same moment weighed 0,48 g.
- 2 Nephrurus (Underwoodisaurus) milii females laid a total of 4 oval eggs. The eggs’ average length is 2,7 cm (1.06 in), average width is 1,3 cm (0.51 in).
- About 20 F. pardalis (Panther chameleon) babies hatched during February 2019 and the hatching is slowly ending.
- Hydrosaurus pustulatus (Philippine sailfin dragon) female made her other fertile clutch of 6 eggs on 22.02.2019 with average weight of 13.2 g. Their mean length is 4,5 cm (1.77 in) and width – 2,5 cm (0.98 in).
- Microlophus albemarlensis (Albemarle lava lizard) female made her other clutch of 4 eggs (length = 2 cm (0.78 in), width = 1 cm (0.39 in)! That’s her second one and again consisting of maximum number of eggs in our center.
- Also 4 Sceloporus minor (East Mexican spiny lizard) babies were born on 15.02.2019. Their average weight is 0,6 g.
- Also spiny-tailed lizards began their mating period. Numerous mating sessions of Uromastyx philbyi ans Uromastyx dispar flavifasciata were observed during the month.
- Pertosaurus thalassinus (Blue Baja rock lizard) pair also started the breeding season.
Keep following our page and we will keep you posted on all our breeding news.